Nelson's took more time than anticipated, but appears to have delivered well. They were quite responsive on a follow-up item
that appeared after the boat left the dock.
Scullion's work made no progress in chasing down the assorted charging problems.
Nelson’s 2007 03 25
1. Aside from deck fills, was anything else (ports, hatches or chain plates) rebedded on the deck?Nelson’s 2007 02 21
2. Need materials itemization for all invoiced materials
3. Please reduce engine maintenance charge on invoice
4. Modify/replace head valve faceplates to avoid binding and have holes be of a reasonable size and also be centered around
valve stems as installed. New faceplates made need to be larger to cover existing screw holes if/when valve stem hole is centered
around actual valve stem locations. Do not label new faceplates.
5. Modify valve stem lengths to fit installation appropriately
6. Add sturdy valve handles (“T” preferred, but round okay if aesthetics are better)
7. Either (a) replace genset fuel pump w/ different unit designed to function when installed in-line before the fuel filter
(replacement pump provided by owner and located on nav station) or (b) re-route fuel line so existing pump is in-line after the Racor
filter, not before.
8. Check for leaks at genset pump and genset Racor filter.
9. Aux engine fuel line leaks when cold (from fittings on dual Racor filter “out” line)
10. Reseat fittings on manifold draining into newly repainted cockpit drainpipe (to avoid watermaker chemical leakage onto drain
11. Install Groco 24v GHSN electric oil change pump, connected to oil pan of aux and genset. Discuss mounting location with
- Replace external thru-hull strainers with mushroom thru-hulls; confirm interior strainers okay.
- Service Gori prop
- Replace bumpers
- Clean & lube
- Investigate rudder
- Some corrosion visible on post and small pools of rust water visible
- Small leakage coming from skeg (where hollowed out for leading edge of rudder)
- Bottom prep & paint
- Fair transducer thru hulls
- All peeling paint removed, plus other prep as req’d
- Use Pettit Trinidad Pro light blue
- Rebed certain hatches & ports
- Small leak on salon starboard side (forward of galley, but not sure from which port). Identify which port or consider rebedding
all ports on starboard side in salon. Water collects and starts to drip right above galley/salon separator wall.
- Small Leak on salon port side (forward of nav station, not sure which port, but first one forward of nav station was rebedded last
year). Consider rebedding all ports except one rebedded last year. Water collects and drips onto nav station seat.
- Investigate stern hatch (master cabin); some leaks, but related to seal instead of bedding?
- Re-bed diesel deck fill (port side deck) plus other deck fills as required.
- Replace the two master head manual valves (valves supplied by owner) (return old black valve handles to owner)
- Replace the two forward head valves (valves supplied by owner) (return old black valve handles to owner)
- Replace corroded/leaking thru hulls in engine room, under aft sink in head and any other locations
- Very slow leak in engine room (aft of engine room access opening, port side)
- Check all thru hulls in engine room
- Replace corroded thru hulls in engine room, under sink in aft master head and elsewhere as required
- Check all other thru hulls for potential replacement
Priority 2 (need quotes, not sure if I will pursue these now or not; depends mostly on the cost)
- Investigate saltwater leak in rudder area, very small stream coming from stern (well aft and higher than the rudder) near centerline of
boat, pools just aft of rudder; exhaust hose leak?
- Repair/replace cockpit drain pipe corrosion in engine room (pipe immediately inside engine access doors -- area where watermaker
drain connects to cockpit drain pipe is corroded). Ideally remove pipe, then treat/paint and re-install.
- Repair master head toilet starboard mounting bolt (bolt does not appear to be threading into anything). Also check port bolt.
- Replace house waterfilter housing in engine room with similar unit, but one that includes a by-pass valve embedded in unit to enable
filter changing without water flowing out. New housing needs to be clear and should use the exact same filter size. (D0404375
Pentek VIH Housing Part 150437, 3/4" Inlet/Outlet, 10" Clear w/PR should work).
- Replace bow thruster zincs
- Polish or potentially replace hatch and port lenses
- Permanent electric oil drain system for aux and generator (Jabsco 17820-0024 or equivalent system looks attractive).
- Check engine idle (seems a little rough)
Scullion 2007 01 27
1. Document and verify charging profiles (charger and alternator profiles for 12v and 24v)
a. 24v alternator charging exhibits high/fluctuating voltage
b. 24v genset charging exhibits fluctuating voltage/amps (27.45v down to 26.3 back to 27.75 in a few mins; amps go from mid 30’
s to low teens) when in bulk mode after ~1.5 hrs of charging; 12v charger is running at the same time and is stable (13.35v; 23.6a)
c. Is echo charge voltage drop for starting battery okay?
d. Are all profiles (regulator and charger) appropriate for AGM batteries?
2. Gas tank storage rack wrong size
3. Starboard battery wiring needs slight reconfiguration to avoid battery cable stack-up at battery that keeps battery box cover
from fitting without pressing on battery cables at first battery in box. One or more cables on top of the stack need to be re-routed to
run under, instead of over, the cable connected to the battery post.
4. What distance from mast head were steps installed (steps look too high to be usable).
Scullion 2007 01 27
- Inspect masthead sheaves
- Inspect standing rigging
- Document and verify charging profiles (charger and alternator profiles for 12v and 24v)
- 24v alternator charging exhibits high/fluctuating voltage
- Is echo charge voltage drop for starting battery okay?
- Are all profiles appropriate for AGM batteries?
- Inspect boom and replace boom outhaul sheaves
- Aft sheaves are particularly worn
- Install stern rub strakes (teak on aft of boat not protected against dual stern lines tied to a single mooring, for example)
- Design and install a stern pulpit outboard gas tank storage rack (~6gal gas tank is presently in forward locker); needs straps/bracket
to store hanging over the side of the stern pulpit.
- Starboard battery wiring needs slight reconfiguration to avoid stack-up at battery that keeps battery box cover from fitting without
pressing on battery cables at first battery in box. One or more cables “on top” need to be re-routed to run under instead of over the
cable connected to the battery post.
- Mast steps at masthead
- Two steps near top of mast to facilitate work on masthead when ATN system used to ascend
- Upgrade traveler car and purchase
- Starting battery seems weak?